Why Support Escuela and the Harwood?
At Escuela, we are committed to educating the human potential, beginning with our youngest students. Our programs rely not only on the skill and commitment of our teachers, but also on creating an environment that
- promotes the understanding of the interdependence of all life,
- values diversity,
- and encourages students of all ages to discover the role each plays in contributing to his or her community.
While tuition and fees support the basic operation of our pre-k and elementary programs, sustaining our physical campus and sustaining the diversity of our student population through a healthy financial aid fund is only possible through the donations of our extended family and community. We appreciate your support!
In addition to our school programs, Escuela has established the Harwood Art Center as its community outreach program. The Harwood serves youth adults and artists from the diverse communities of New Mexico. Harwood initiates opportunities for people to enrich their lives by experiencing and/or creating visual, performing and literary arts. Through the Harwood, Escuela fosters community involvement, promotes the arts, encourages advocacy and provides opportunities for life-long learning. Its many programs include:
- the After School Art Program for underserved children in the Wells Park and Barelas Community Centers;
- sustainability and green living workshops and outreach, as well as our community garden;
- and affordable classes, studios and galleries to foster the creation of art.
Your support is essential to keeping these programs going - please make a contribution today!